Character Withdrawal

(This is me, babbling about character withdrawals. lol I actually wrote this a few weeks ago, but didn't have a chance to share it until now.)

Ending a book is never easy. I know authors who can’t wait to type, ‘The End’. I think that is the normal reaction… Right? *laughs* I’m not one of those authors. I can’t wait to share the story with my readers, but I also dread the moment when I type ‘The End’, because I don’t want to let go of certain characters. As readers, you get attached to characters while reading a book for a couple of hours or days. Now imagine having those characters become a part of your life for months or years.... 

It’s not easy. This is actually the number one reason why I love writing series versus standalone books. Yet, I find myself writing my first standalone book and I’m already dreading that character withdrawal from when the story is over. I mean, they aren’t even gone yet and I already miss them.

And 'Sudden Hope' (young adult novel) so happens to be the sweetest story I’ve ever worked on. I really think you will love the main characters as much as I do. Alec and Skylar are amazing, and so is their best-friend Kyle. Their personalities are so strong that they took over the story and made it their own. Seriously, don’t blame the author for anything they do or say…  :)   


Most of you got introduced to my work because you love paranormal/fantasy stories. I have readers who started reading my books because they love vampires; others, fallen angels, demons or mermaids.  I feel like this is a book for everyone. The story and characters are very special and I hope my paranormal/fantasy readers give it a try. 

I often get asked which of my books is my favorite, and I usually say it is whatever book I’m working on at the moment, but this one… Ahhh! I really can’t wait for you to read it.

How about you? Do you get easily attached to characters?

***


Sudden hope will be available at the end of September. For updates on pre-orders, book signings, and more, please subscribe to my newsletter.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party 'Til Your Heels Fly Off - Blog Hop Tour

30 Days of Hunger Games-Day 2

Indie-Licious Blog Hop - Sins of the Fallen Teaser