Teaser Tuesday: Insatiable - A Mermaid's Curse


“I thought you said you had no one to go back to,” he said.
I gave him a confused look.
He pointed at my ring.  “Or is that who you are running from?”
I didn’t know what to say.  I reached for the ring and took it off, putting it on the table.  “It doesn’t mean what you think it does.”
“Okay.  Sorry.  Even if it did, that‘s not my business.”
He turned toward the fireplace, and deciding that the food didn’t taste that bad, I ate another bite.  When he turned around, something about the way he looked at me took my breath away.
“Look, I don’t know how to say this without sounding rude, but everything considered, I don’t think you should be left alone tonight.  You can take that couch.  I’ll take this one.  Is that okay with you?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party 'Til Your Heels Fly Off - Blog Hop Tour

30 Days of Hunger Games-Day 2

Indie-Licious Blog Hop - Sins of the Fallen Teaser